6:00 AM is such a beautiful time of day. After being outside that early this morning, I seriously am considering getting up that early on a daily basis. But to be honest, this morning I was only up that early to shower and to let Margaret Thatcher (my chinchilla) out to play. That little stinker hid under my bed and almost made me late for work this morning. I’m going to miss him so much when I leave for vacation, which is:
TOMORROW AT 6:00 PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’m going to New Jersey with my family, as I’ve done for probably the past 12 years. I tend to pull an Anchorman every year and say “We’ve been going on the same vacation for 12 years, and in no way is that depressing.”
So I know some people look at vacation as a time to kind of veg out, but I’m looking forward to it as a time to be more active. I basically have to sit on my dupa 8 hours a day at work (sometimes more), so I’m going to be looking forward to being more active on vacation. Here is my plan of attack for staying healthy on vacation:
- Bring running shoes and clothes: run early enough in the morning where it’s not too hot or take long walks in the evening.
- Take tennis rackets.
- Rent a bike once or twice while I’m down there.
- Take blender for daily GREEN MONSTERS 🙂 (Even if the family looks at me like I’m psychotic)
- Don’t drink frozen strawberry daquiris every day like last year.
- Take healthy snacks for in the car so we don’t have to eat fast food.
- Offer to cook a healthy meal for the family at least once during the week.
- Allow myself ONE delicious cheesesteak from the Oasis (I mean, it’s vacation, right?)
- Long walks on the beach, anyone?
- Beach volleyball 🙂
So yeah, that’s my game plan. Other stuff might come up, too. I’ll try to let you know. And I say try because it’s hard to tell whether or not I’ll get a good internet connection while I’m down there. Usually it’s pretty shaky.
Right now I’m looking up healthy recipes that I can possibly cook for my family while we’re on vacation.
Have a great day everyone!